Here is my entry for the 45th week of I ♥ Faces Photography Challenge. The theme is "Autumn Beauty." Go check out the beautiful entries...right now!
Well, I thought I would go out on a limb and enter one of my cotton pics instead of looking for a decent pumpkin shot. You see, when I get an idea in my head, I'm one of those people that just will not let it go until I do it or absolutely exhaust myself over trying before waving the white fag in defeat. This trait can be great or a curse depending on the idea but, I think I had success this time. So, while on my way up to my bestie's house for a little visit last month, we drove by all of these white fields of gloriously blooming cotton! Very exciting, I think, because it looks like snow and here in Southeastern, NC it NEVER snows and if it does, it's only like a half inch and it melts by the end of the day(except for the time in 1989 when we got 17 inches but that's another story for another day.) Anyhoo, I made up my mind that at some point on this trip I was going to pull over on the side of the road and throw my kids out into the prickly fields and hope we didn't pick land owned by some crazy farmer. And, I did! I mean we got the pictures and we actually met the farmer and SHE was not crazy but instead very nice and said that noone had ever asked her if they could take pictures in her field(: Thanks Farmer Lady!

Awww, cute shot!
ReplyDeletethx!
ReplyDeleteYour girls are so beautiful! I am glad that you stopped and asked if you could shoot in her field! I have found that people in my area are always happy to help! And when I go somewhere that has older people I always offer to pay a little bit because I know it is a blessing to them : )
ReplyDelete