
Here is my entry for week 41's photo contest at the very cool I ♥ Faces. It is "Pink Week." Please do yourself a favor and swing over to their blog, check out this week's entries and maybe even enter a pink themed pic of your own. I've been thinking of my friend Brenda. She died of melanoma cancer when she was just 16. Although it wasn't breast cancer that took her life, it was a life taken way too soon as is often the way with breast cancer. I've kept in touch with her mom over the years. She came to my wedding and one of my baby showers. It's been nice having that connection. I also remember one of my favorite patients I've ever had the honor of caring for who had a small but definitely recognizable part in The Wizard of Oz. She battled breast cancer along with multiple complications that stemmed from it. She was gracious enough to autograph a picture of herself from her role in that famous flick. I've had many patients with a history of breast cancer which more importantly means they are survivors but I count myself and my mom and the rest of my home girls as blessed and can only hope and pray and do my monthly boobie checks until they find a cure. I wish I had a picture of Brenda with her beautiful copper hair to enter! But, I don't. So, instead, I chose this very pink and so sweet photo of my beautiful daughter.
I have 2 girls so that explains all of the pink around me. Pink walls in 2 bedrooms and a bathroom. Pink sheets, curtains and towels. Pink shirts, skirts, coats, monograms and underwear. Pink toys. Pink ipods. Pink scooters, bikes and backpacks. Pink barrettes, ribbons and shoes. My daughter was a pink flamingo for Halloween one year. And then, there's the pink Christmas tree. It really doesn't bother me. I like pink, too. In fact, I've been looking for a new bicycle for myself and I was at the bicycle shop the other day and they had the cutest pink beach cruiser...

Adorable!
ReplyDeleteThx!
ReplyDelete