Thursday, September 29, 2011

Improve Upon

So, my picture didn't make the cut at this week's photo challenge. Yes, I was bummed! Of course I was. I enter to win. It is a contest, right? But, I also do it to help improve upon my photography skills. This contest causes me to get my camera out regularly and put my thinking skills to a different challenge every week. One of the things I really work at and not just in this area of where I spend my time is decision making. So, after sulking for a few minutes once realizing that my photograph was not one of the pics chosen, I started to think, "Did I pick the right one?" I rethought the theme, Best Photo of Summer. I should have picked one with more of a summer feel. Maybe a beach one. So, these are the other ones I considered. And I changed the one I did use, the one of Miss V in her curlers into a b/w finish. Either way, I'm happy I chose the one I did even if it didn't win. When I look at it, it makes me smile b/c she's so darn cute. But, questioning my decision can only help me in the long run to make sure I'm picking the right one, whether it be for this contest or for a client or even for my own wall. (:    








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.