Since we were in the neighborhood, I asked the girls if they would mind driving through Oakdale Cemetery. One of the three babies that my mom and dad had before I came around is buried there. Cynthia Virginia is my sister even though we weren't on this earth at the same time. My grandfather and great uncle are also buried there and it's kind of a beautiful and peaceful place. So, we drove around and I snapped a few pics of what caught my eye.
The Kenan family had a strong presence.
A small area was gated off for the Hebrew cemetery.
What a pretty name, Clementina.
I looked for writing but I could only guess that here lies a loved dog.
Still nothing about the dog on Mr. Hill's marker, which is next to the dog but these beautiful words were inscribed:
My husband, William Hill Died Sept. 3, 1860 aged 35 years, 4months and 5 days
Amiable; intellectual; accomplished scholar; gentleman; Christian; good son; an affectionate father; a devoted husband
I find it interesting that she listed his lifespan down to the days. I think that shows her love for him.
Gorgeous oak trees everywhere.
My mom and dad's first-born child. Charles Kevin was born in 1966 and Kimberly Jane, who I'm named after, was born in 1968. They're buried in Mt. Pleasant, SC.
My grandfather, my dad's dad. He had a great voice and sang in the churches around Wilmington.

















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.