I found this great site, MOOREASEAL. Her 52 Lists project caught my eye and, after reading about it, I was hooked. I'm a bit behind coming in at week 8 which is List Your Favorite Album. I might try to do some of the prior weeks. I decided to do my list in timeline fashion (sort of) starting with the 1st album I can recall being played for me. It was my neighbor, April Anderson. We were in her room with her albums sprawled out and she wanted me to hear Def Leppard's Pyromania album because she loved it. It was the 1st rock-n-roll I listened to on purpose. I loved it.
When I was younger, my biggest influence was my dad and his love of musicals/soundtracks. I heard Fiddler On The Roof, Caberet and The Sound of Music played many times in our car. Maybe that's why there are a few on my list. My mom mainly listened to contemporary Christian although she was not as big of a music lover as dad and I. Those songs like Amazing Grace and This Is My Story comfort me.
Classic rock, alternative and indie type rule my list but I definitely love some hip hop/rap and my running playlist proves it. (I still have in my collection of memorabilia the Sugar Hill Gang's Rapper's Delight vinyl album.)
During the time when my girls were real young, my CD player was full of Laurie Berkner. Now that they're getting older, I've gotten more comfortable playing my tunes and I'm trying new stuff like Florence + the Machine along with some Taylor Swift thrown in per their request which I have to admit has grown on me.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.