Monday, May 9, 2011

Mom

Here's my entry for I Heart Face's Mothers theme this week. It's my mom giving me a tour of the latest sprouts and blooms in her beautiful yard. She's by one of the Japanese maples they planted last winter. Please check out the other lovely photos entered in the contest. Thanks!
Some things I know about my mom:
1. She loves to work in the yard, she has a gorgeous yard and she can tell you the name of just about anything that grows from the ground. 
2. She knows the Bible like the back of her hand and she's very modest about this fact.
3. She's strong- physically and spiritually.
4. She takes great care of her family.
5. She is 9 minutes older than her twin sister and is known to be the dominant twin.
6. She makes the best fried chicken.
7. She loved her mother, Ruby, very much. They were real close. She misses her.
8. She says everyone has a gift and her's is the ability to read people. In other words, she can usually tell if somebody is full of it. (:
9. She's a great salesman. You should see her work a yard sale!
10. She has great taste and always has her home decorated real nice.

4 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 09, 2011

    Nice shot. I love how proud she looks. I wish I had a green thumb!

    Caitlin
    from black currant thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have beautiful, well-rounded Mom & the apple didn't fall far! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have beautiful, well-rounded Mom & the apple didn't fall far! =)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.